Job Description: Communications Assistant
Position is responsible for and focused on oversight and execution of all aspects of Communications outlined below:
Design & Brand Management
● Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
● Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
● Maintain the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing Trinity Lutheran.
● Ensure the use of logos and images that represent Trinity Lutheran.
● Maintain graphic standards for Trinity Lutheran.
● Work with Ministry Staff to maintain Trinity Lutheran websites.
● Proactively work to ensure Trinity Lutheran maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
● Develop and maintain a system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Trinity Lutheran.
● Create communication materials to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events and other campaigns assigned.
● Oversee all written materials related to church-wide activities and the printing processes for such materials.
● Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in coordination with the Ministry Staff and Communications Team.
● Creatively build followings on various social media outlets, according to best practices.
● Work in tandem with Ministry Staff to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
● Provide graphic design support to the worship planning team in an effort to communicate desired messages within worship.
● Join brainstorming and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
● Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals.
● Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers, videographers, and writers.
● Provide necessary office support, teaming with the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor to ensure coverage of phone calls and visitors.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
● A heart for Trinity Lutheran and the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use marketing and communications to reach others.
● Degree in communications, media, or related field, or at least 2-4 years experience in communications.
● Proficient in Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
● Working knowledge of HTML/CSS. The ability to learn content management systems.
● Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
● Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
● Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
● Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
● Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective teams, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
● Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
● High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
● Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
● Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.